[Zope-dev] ANNOUNCE: PartitionedFileStorage

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Tue, 02 Jan 2001 15:33:03 -0500

Steve Alexander wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>

> > BTW, Evan helped me find and correct a bug.  You'll only run into it if
> > you set your partition size to less than the size of the largest ZODB
> > objects.
>
> The new version of FileStorage.py in PartitionedFileStorage for 2.3
> overwrites some of the changes made the FileStorage locking protocol in CVS.
>
> These are the ones using  _commit_lock_acquire _commit_lock_release.

Well, it's pretty easy to use diff and patch to correct it.

But like I told ChrisW, I think BerkeleyStorage will fill the need that
PartitionedFileStorage was only partitially addressing.

OTOH I've been running it for a while now on my box and have had no
signs of problems.

Shane