[Zope-dev] BTree Folders

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 05 Jan 2001 19:14:47 +0000

Chris Withers wrote:

> Right, BTree folders wise, what I'm looking for is to have, in effect
> two Contents tabs for one BTree folder object, one showing all contained
> items of a particular meta_type (with the BTree Folder's interface to
> deal with lots of objects), and the other containing all other items in
> the folder (DTML Methods, Gifs, etc, with a normal folder's interface).
>
> What's the best way to do this?

If you're using ZPatterns anyway, you might like to look at PlugIns. The
idea with PlugIns is that a PlugIn manager delegates the handling of
objects it contains to its various PlugIns. Typically, a PlugIn will
claim objects based on the object's meta-type.
PlugIns appear in the user-interface as separate tabs. See the
Customizers and Data Plug-ins tabs in a Folder w/ Customizer Support
instance for an example.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer