[Zope-dev] MySQL with LAST_INSERT_ID()

Arno Gross arno.gross@consotec.de
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 08:27:44 -0100

Dieters assumption was right.
LAST_INSERTED_ID() returns a numeric value and
that seems to be the problem. So if I change the statement as this:
SELECT CONV(LAST_INSERT_ID(),10,10)
it works (CONV returns a string!)

P.S. Soren, maybe you can update your HowTo with a short note. Another
possibilty instead of using LAST_INSERT_ID can be using MAX(). That should
work  too.

Thanks
   Arno