[Zope-dev] New UI for 2.3

Fri, 12 Jan 2001 09:45:58 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2001, Brian Lloyd wrote:
> Are you guys working on 486's with 13in. monitors at 640x480 or
> something? :^)

Let's put it this way: I have my window frame borders on my xwindows
set to 1 pixel because I feel that the default (6?) pixel width
wastes way too much screen realestate (I use tiled windows a lot).
This is on a 17" 1024x768 monitor, and I'd probably do the same on
a 20".

> area sizes. That could also have a "hide top frame" option for
> those who really can't spare the 32px. :^)

<shrug>

From my (peculiar, I'll admit) point of view, there isn't much
difference between the old and new interface.  I like the add
dropdown being at the top, I'm indifferent to the additional item
information, though the sorting looks like it might be useful, and
those are about the only differences I notice.  See, I use w3m and
I always go to 'manage_main', so I never see the other frames or
any of the "pretty" graphics....

Now, if the management interface were *customizable*, all these
(mild) complaints would go away <grin>.  What ever happened to the
'skinnable' project?

All that said, I applaud the "management quick fixes".  Thanks, guys.

--RDM