[Zope-dev] Zope-2.3a2 and Loginmanager

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 11:33:29 -0700

Chris McDonough wrote:

> "super" still exists.  It's aliased to the emergency user.  There's a
> comment in User to the effect that the use of super is deprecated, and
> that emergency_user should be used instead.

Hmmm, I changed super to UnrestrictedUser ... see any problems with that
do you?

> I don't believe the reading of the access file is a bug (it's there to
> provide backwards-compatibility).

Backwards compat for reading it is fine, bailing because there is no
access file would not be though. I experienced the latter.

> What is the actual problem with LoginManager you're experiencing?  How
> does it fail?

Well, what _I_ saw was that it would not import if access file was not
found, nor if the Super import referenced above was still there.

Bill