[Zope-dev] manage_changeProperties in a loop

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 18:32:59 +0000

Arno Gross wrote:

> Suppose I have a list of existing folder objects and depending
> on their index in the list I want to set a property called 'rang'.
>
> I assumed you could something like this:
>

> <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('rangList','folder1;folder2;folder2')">
> (normally the list comes from outside)
>
> <dtml-in " _.string.split(rangList,';')">
>   <dtml-with "_.getitem('sequence-item')">

Here, you're getting an item with the literal id 'sequence-item'.

What you mean is to get the item with the id described by the variable
sequence-item. So, use:

     <dtml-with "_.getitem(_['sequence-item'])">

Hope that helps.

This really is a zope@zope.org question, not a zope-dev@zope.org
question. Please do try to choose the appropriate list for the question.
Thanks.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer