[Zope-dev] ZPatterns: wanted: alpha testers for RemoteRack

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:15:10 +0000

I've written a class called RemoteRack. It works just like a ZPatterns
Rack, except that the BTree it uses internally for storing its
persistent data can be anywhere else in the ZODB.

I'm using it in a FileStorage-based application where I want to have the
application's persistent data stored in separate FileStorage data-file
than the application objects.

This should allow me to upgrade the application to a new version, whilst
preserving the application data, by just dropping in a new application
FileStorage datafile.

I intend to release RemoteRack as part of the next version of
DataSkinAddons. However, I'd like a volunteer or two to test it first.

Any volunteers?

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer