[Zope-dev] ZCatalog scalability

Erik Enge erik+list@esol.no
23 Jan 2001 09:50:07 +0100

[Michael Bernstein]

| We seem to have disposed of the wildcard issue [snipped out
| below], and I'm looking forward to Eric's results, but does
| anyone else have any information about whether there is a
| practical upper limit on how many objects can be indexed and
| searched in a ZCatalog?

I don't know.  But there is one on BTree folders, right?  And as soon
as those get «full», you need to start segment your data (which you
probably would have done in the first place anyway).  Then you can use
several ZCatalogs in different locations (so that they don't carry so
many objects each).  Then create a nice little method that finds out
which (or all) of the ZCatalogs to ask, when users make queries.