[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Creating a namespace

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:20:28 -0600

Ok, ok, I got the point.

>I suggest you read:
>http://www.zope.org/Members/htrd/howto/FunctionTemplate

I did that already. It makes some sense, but not too much...similar code is
in DT_With.py and DT_Util.py both of which I studied before posting to the
list. I found out that I have to do something in my __call__ method of the
class.

I think the main problem is that
1) The variables names are horribly chosen, so that nothing makes much sense
2) No documentation whether inside the py files or any other documents

Chris, I read even your little Wiki on TemplateDict and InstanceDict, but
noone replied to your question! The only thing I haven't done was checking
the Expressions.py of ZPatterns (I just tried to find the answer using
ZClasses PY files) I will also read the pDocumentTemplate.py file.

>...and search the list archives.

The e-groups search is pointless and never gives you anything useful (I did
that already).

>Maybe also ready about _.namespace on Page 39 of the old DTML reference.

I will do that.

Thanks so much for your hints, but I am just a little frustrated right now
(not because of you), since some of the Zope code looks like a hack. I
could live without documentation, if the code would be some sort of readable.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter