[Zope-dev] Poor programming practice?

Robin Becker robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Wed, 31 Jan 2001 12:16:26 +0000

In article <W6YEZWAjD+d6Ew59@jessikat.demon.co.uk>, Robin Becker
<robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>yes I have the go4 book and I fully agree that one or other of the above
>patterns would be feasible. The problem is that the base medusa comes
>from Sam Rushing and Zope makes use of it. I guess since I already patch
>the Zope code I could just extend the patch, but the best solution would
>come from having two main players agree on such stuff.
well I implemented Steve's first method by giving ftp_channel an
attribute called recv_channel_class (defaulted to recv_channel from
ftp_server). Then in FTPServer I modified zope_ftp_channel so that
recv_channel_class was set to an appropriate class Zrecv_channel derived
from recv_channel. Zrecv_channel only needed to override the
handle_close method. Now I can have a proper file_sys ftp as well as the
Zope one.
--
Robin Becker