[Zope-dev] Content integration question

Webkitschen Mailbox mailbox@webkitschen.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 03:51:53 +0100

newbie question

I'm have a lot of structured content that I want to batch process into a
Zope installation
some of it i already have in zclass instances that i want to change to new
zclass instances and other stuff is in a variety of access database and
Excel  spreadsheets, CSV files etc.

I have thought about using an external database but i don't think it
warrants it for this situation.

I also develop Mediasurface applications. there is an integration module
that allows you to import CSV or XML marked up content into specified 'Item
type', creating a new instance of the type for each record.
Item types are a similar concept to Zclasses.

what i'm getting at is that i need a similar means in Zope to perform this
kind of integration process

any guidance would be greatly appreciated