[Zope-dev] LDAPLoginAdapter

Nicolas Vincent nivincen@hotmail.com
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 16:07:18 +0200

I use Zope 2.3.2, python 1.5.2 and python_LDAP 1.1 . I want to use
loginadapter 1.5 to authenticate the users who try to connect to the portal
I build and during all his session I need to know a lot of things about this
user. The loginadapter connects itself to the localhost:390 wich is linked
by a secure stunnel to the port 389 of another machine which is a OpenLDAP
2.* server.

I use the Loginscreen & cookie option of the configure tab and
the RDN of the LDAP database is uid. The authentication is made
by uid and work perfectly. My first problem is that : Where I can
get the LDAP attributs (such mail or another descriptive field of
the LDAP database) after the authentication? AUTHENTICATED_USER contains
only the uid (AUTHENTICATED_USER.mail for example is not define, even if I
specify it in the loginadapter schema).

My second problem is that when I do a research with the search tab
of the Loginadapter, it doesn't find anything, as if the database would be
empty. On the contrary, the research with the search tab of the
LDAPUserManager work perfectly.

               Thanks for your futur response

Le Lapinlove