[Zope-dev] Curiously Zope Hanging

Andre Schubert andre.schubert@geyer.kabeljournal.de
Thu, 12 Jul 2001 16:07:44 +0200

No, the problem is not reproduceable, because if move the timespan 5 minutes earlier then
Zope crashes. And thats the problem.
If have a select which selects data of a given timespan.
The number of rows is equal, but the start and end is changing.
The queries itself are running withoput problems in my testscripts.
The next is that there are over 23 Million of rows in the DB and there is an btree index of
two collumns a and b.
And now comes the curiousity.

If i call my diagrams in the order that a is the same and b is changing everything works
well and there are absolutely no hangs,
but if i call my diagrams the other way that a is changing and b is the same then Zope
works if i select data from
2001-06-20 12:05
and Zope hangs if i select data from
2001-06-20 12:10
or from
2001-06-20 12:10

I hope you understand my explanations in my bad german-english.

as