[Zope-dev] Sorting on Indexed Dates

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 10:28:49 +0100

> Perhaps I am not understanding correctly, but do you have this same
problem
> with a field index for methods as well as properties?

these are both indexed in exactly the same way, so yes ;-)

> string; sort_on='firstLetter' seems to work just fine (2.3.2), even though
> the return value has many duplicates among the thousands of objects I am
> sorting;

Yeah, sorry, this was a mis-scoping on my part. Try this:
brains = your_catalog(sort_on='firstLetter')

...which should give the bug I'm talking about.

> On an unrelated note (I figured I might as well ask while I'm at it), does
> anyone know if there is a way to get sort_on to work for field indexes
that
> store dates?  sort_on and sort_order seem to be meaningless when applied
> indexes containing dates...

Make sure you're actually indexing DateTime objects and you'll be fine. You
might be indexing string representations of dates, in which case sorting
them won't give what you expect...

cheers,

Chris