[Zope-dev] ZServer should redirect for folder objects?

Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:54:54 +0100

>We had to put in a <BASE dummy=3Ddummy> to prevent ZServer from putting =
in=20
>the <BASE HREF> tag for us, because if not wget will download the HTML=20
>files with the BASE still pointing to the dev. server. We don't want =
that,=20
>since we're going to publish the downloaded files on the prod. server =
with=20
>a different URL.

A better way to do this involves VirtualHostMonster. Its better
because it takes care of <base href> absolute_url and <dtml-var BASEn>
all in one go

Put a VHM instance in your Zope root, then instead of...

wget http://dev:8080/foo

wget http://dev:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/productionserver:80/foo

(or something like that; I typed it from memory)

I hope this helps.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com