[Zope-dev] ZServer should redirect for folder objects?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:02:03 +0200

Hi ;)

--On Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2001 17:21 +0200 Christian Scholz
<cs@comlounge.net> wrote:

> Hi!
>
>> Hi :-)
>>
>> --On Donnerstag, 26. Juli 2001 15:51 +0200 Christian Scholz
>> <cs@comlounge.net> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!

>> > For example: One of my customer wants some snapshot of the site for the
>> > archive on CD-ROM... So how do I do that? (without giving them a full
>> > Zope install on it which is sometimes even not possible as there are
>> > sql databases etc. involved..)
>>
>> This is hard anyway. Imagine you have many forms or even have content-
>> negotiation running :) So it might be more easy to put a complete
>> Zope on the CD ;)
>
> Well, they don't need the forms for the archive and even not running
> forms. They are more interested in the content..
> But the point is anyway that it should work regardless if it makes sense
> or not in some situations (IMHO) ;)

Sure, but I think thats not a problem of the server but an issue for
the mirror tool. Wget might be a bit simplicistic for this task.
There are other options like pavuk for example.

Regards :-)
Tino