[Zope-dev] Compiling Splitter.c on Windoze

Norman Vine nhv@cape.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:48:44 -0400

Brian Lloyd writes:

>Have you tried getting a source release and building it with
>the new ExtensionBuilder.py (in /utilities)? That is what we
>now use internally to build on win32.

I am still occasionally trying to get Zope to compile with Cygwin.

Unfortunately ExtensionBuilder.py does not seem to work
< The dll building is a bit convoluted with Cygwin >

The good news is that Distutils < usually > works just fine,
or at least can be easily tweaked too.  :-)

So my question is
"What will it take to get a Distutils setup,py script written for Zope" ?

Can I just use the ExtensionClass setup.py as a template for the
various components ?

Cheers

Norman Vine