[Zope-dev] Request for a Pluggin Index (NameIndex)

ender kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 14:30:56 -0700

On Monday 04 June 2001 16:55, Andreas Jung wrote:
>>Looks like you should write your own index type. Zope 2.4
>>comes with an PlugableIndex interface to allow third-party
>>indexes to be integrated into the Catalog.

this brings up an interesting question of what is the best way to register a
new plugindex thats distributed with a product. Glancing over the cvs logs it
looks as though plugin indexes are arranged to be the first product installed
in Application.py. Given that what is the suggested method for registering a
new plugin index?

Kapil

>>Andreas

>>> 2) Chris Withers