[Zope-dev] OracleStorage with python 2.1

Joshua Reynolds joshuar@isogen.com
Wed, 13 Jun 2001 16:19:19 -0700

Hey all, just to give you heads up,
logged a bug (2301) inre DCOracleStorage.
Seems that the all of the id's used  to oracle are strings.  The code
that was doing the stringification of the
bitstream ids was converting them to longs then stringifying them and
expecting them to have that foul and heinous python 1.5.2 'L' on the end.
Remove the slicing off of the L and you are good to go.

On side note, I am a total oracle imbecile but is there any reason why
the we are stringifying the id's in the first place?  It seems like it
would be more effecient to use the longs directly.

Thanks,
Joshua Reynolds