[Zope-dev] ZPatterns DATA LOSS BUG and FIX (0.4.3p1 patch release)

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:48:25 -0500

ZPatterns "0.4.3final" contains a serious bug which deletes all ZODB-stored
contents of a Rack when you use the manage_pack method.  This bug only
affects you if you store Rack-mounted objects or attributes in the ZODB,
and does not affect you if your objects are entirely contained in an RDBMS
or other mechanism external to the rack.  If you've upgraded to 0.4.3,
please do not use manage_pack!

I have uploaded new versions of ZPatterns and PlugIns to fix the problem
with packing racks, and to provide "experimental" support for Zope 2.4b1.
(Specifically the problems reported below with expr_globals and ts_regex
have been fixed.)  Please upgrade to 0.4.3p1 before using manage_pack, or
if you wish to experiment with ZPatterns on Zope 2.4b1.  Thanks.

Thanks too, to Juan Palomar and Itai Tavor for providing information and
patches.

At 11:01 AM 6/26/01 +0200, Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:

>With Zope 2.4b1 and ZPatterns 0.4.3, the following error raises when
>starting Zope:
>
>2001-06-26T08:24:40 ERROR(200) Zope Could not import Products.ZPatterns
>Traceback (innermost last):
>  File
/home/jdavid/Zope-2.4.0b1/lib/python/Products/ZPatterns/Expressions.py,
line 38, in ?
>    (Object: ComputedAttribute)
>ImportError: cannot import name expr_globals
>
>expr_globals is not available in Zope 2.4, the fix is:

>Besides this error, there're some warnings:
>
>/home/jdavid/Zope-2.4.0b1/lib/python/ts_regex.py:87: DeprecationWarning:
the regex module is deprecated; please use the re module
>  import regex, regsub #, Sync
>/home/jdavid/Zope-2.4.0b1/lib/python2.1/regsub.py:15: DeprecationWarning:
the regsub module is deprecated; please use re.sub()