Something better than ZClasses (was: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 19:38:43 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> How about meta-programming (designing) via the Zope interface, with
> UML or somesuch; automatically generating Python code, then enable
> designers to use a ZFormulator-ish product to edit the interface while
> a programmer can work on the 'backend' (emacs on a terminal)?

What are you on my friend?  ;-)

How about writing the whole shebang in <put in favourite editor here>, as
is done today?  I don't see the need for any other change, but I do know
that DC (or atleast I suspect this is why they made ZClasses) hopes to
bring "Zope-programming" to a wider audience with ZClasses, and thus it
might have a purpose in life.

I don't know.  Python is a very easy language to learn.