Something better than ZClasses (was: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 23:39:33 +0200

> If DTML programming / interface design is so simple, and cheap, why not
> automate it?  (Strike two for low cost development).
>
> I've been trying to save some time (and my fingers!) by building a RAD
> framework, named the WarpFramework [1], which deals with the low level
> complexity of properties and how to display / manipulate them in addition
> to other common programming tasks.. this could perhaps blend in easily..

What does it do already? (O.k., I know the answer: Read the code ;-))

 > Say for example that we could provide the odd designer with the
> possibility of simply pushing widgets and displays (generated
> automatically of course) around the page, and changing colors and
> backgrounds (CSS); then we have a tool that designers would love as well.

That's what we at iuveno are doing right now. SmartSections (to be released
soon) are simple page elements like headers, HTML text, images, etc. that
can be moved around, added, copied and pasted, deleted etc. A ZClass-based
proof-of-concept is in the Kontentor 1.x framework.

The whole thing will then be embedded into SmartPortals, which are
configurable web pages where you can move around boxes etc. Remember I
presented the idea in Amsterdam?

We are very open to ideas and help!

> Minimize the time of people.  Period.  :-)

Yep!

> ..lessen the complexity and add to robustness.

Yep!

Joachim