Something better than ZClasses (was: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 00:15:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Stephan Richter wrote:

> 1. We are building a wizard that asks you all the necessary questions
> to generate a basic class framwework.

Sounds exactly like my mk-zprod.

> If anyone is interested in helping developing that tool (which will be
> released under the GPL as all of the iuveno products), then I can make
> an electronic copy of my personal notes and I setup a CVS.

If we are working to solve the same problem I'd love to lend a hand.  If
you can, it would be great to see your personal notes.  mk-zprod is just
an easy way to set up classes that are compliant to the Zope API, but I
have some thoughts how one could make it into a pluggable api/language
compliant-code-generator, but that might be overkill.  It's definantly an
overkill :).