[Zope-dev] Speed up the learning curve

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 22:19:07 -0500

At 07:20 PM 6/27/01 +0200, you wrote:
>Wrong Andy,
>writing Python products is far easier than guessing how to pass a variable
>to a DTML-method or other such DTML-Voodoo

Even though I agree, I have to say it more politically correct:
If you like clicky, clicky - interfaces, you like ZClasses....
If you like the keyboard to program (I love my Emacs in Python mode!!!),
you write "real" Python products.

But now for real; some people simply do not have the experience and
knowledge to pick up the Python-based programming. To master a complete new
object-oriented language with a complex API is not that easy; therefore
people are using ZClasses.

Regards,
Stephan

--