Something better than ZClasses (was: Re: [Zope-dev] Re: Zcatalog bloat problem (berkeleydb is a solution?))

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 05:30:40 -0500

>>If I have some time left at all tonight, I will make a wizard that could
>>be  the initial front-end to mk-zprod. Could you give me a short list of
>>things  you would like to ask the user?
>
>Hm. a simple collection of questions? Certainly not.
>I talking of a whole mechanism, where you group input
>and output into contexts. From application view it
>would be an API, it schould work no matter if the input/
>output is generated from and to HTML, WML, XML or even
>stand-allone GUIs.
>I'm thinking of semantic groups of input, output and types
>and ranges and default values including naming conventions.

Well, that sounds more like what SmartObjects tries to do. But I am still
confused. As Erik wrote later, can you give examples....?

Regards,
Stephan

--
Stephan Richter