[Zope-dev] RE: Experiments with ORMapping

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk@adelphia.net
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:30:57 -0400

> I was thinking there would be a default table where everything gets
> stored by default.  A programmer then tells the ORMapping about
> specific classes and how to store them.

I wouldn't think it would be practical to use unless the ORMapping
managed the tables by examining the class signature as metadata. ADO.NET
has this in reverse, the tools can define classes that mirror a SQL
recordset. Similarly, references to other objects would need to be
supported with joins.

BTW, I was going to mention this article
http://www.vbpj.com/upload/free/features/vbpj/2001/07jul01/sqlpro0107/re
in0107/rein0107p.asp
As a 'rah-rah zope' example of RDBMS complexity Zope/ZODB spares us, but
now it brings up something the ORMapping layer would have to do (perhaps
with more savvy) to support mixed folder hierarchy among class
instances.