[Zope-dev] Re: [ZPatterns] Best Free UML, XMI, Zope/Transwarp tools

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:34:36 -0500

At 10:35 AM 6/28/01 -0700, jimbo wrote:
>I've been  looking for a standard *FREE* tool that I can use to design
Zope apps.  I think my search is over.  It seems to be a good tool for
students because it's free and comes with support for Java, Persistence and
XMI, Full and partial exchange.

>  I wonder if Transwarp is at the point of being able to use UML/XMI stuff.

Well, the current CVS has a full UML metamodel in it, and the test suite
actually performs some operations such as creating a UML model, adding
items to a package, and so on.  But I still haven't rewritten the XMI
support.  I expect it to be another month or so before that shows up in CVS.

(By the way, the best place for discussion regarding TransWarp is the
mailing list TransWarp@eby-sarna.com, and the zope-dev list generally
frowns on crosspostings for discussion.  If you reply to this message, be
sure to only reply to transwarp@eby-sarna.com.  Thanks!)