[Zope-dev] Zope Server hanging :-(

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 02 May 2001 17:07:16 +0100

Chris McDonough wrote:

<snip info>

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for

> The goal is to indentify methods or requests that take a long time, don't
> return, or are accessed frequently.

Yup

> If you can match this data up with
> specific problems you've experienced (possibly by way of times/dates),

well, I have tail -f of the detailed log constantly open on my desktop ;-)

> it
> becomes easier to form postulations about what is happening to Zope under
> load.

To be honest, there really isn't any load on this server... maybe one or two
people using it :-S

> Then investigate those postulations by refactoring code or by doing
> more detailed logging in the places where you think the problems are.

Hmmm, I know what you mean but it doesn't sound like it's going to be fun :-S

well, thanks for the info, I'll do what I can...

Chris