[Zope-dev] Experiments with ORMapping

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Thu, 10 May 2001 19:47:00 +0200

> You know, it might be possible to get a team together to implement
> this.  How many out there would be interested in pursuing it further?
> IMHO it's not as much work as it sounds at first.  Zope being so
> object-oriented, you really can replace one of its most fundamental
> assumptions (an OODBMS) with something else (an RDBMS) without a huge
> effort.

Hi Shane!

Do you know that there already is a project for OR-Mapping in Zope (actually
there are two ...)?

"Ours" is SmartObjects
(http://demo.iuveno-net.de/iuveno/Products/SmartObjects). Also see the
mailing list archive at
http://imail.iuveno-net.de/pipermail/smartobjects/.

The other is TransWarp, which has a slightly different focus, but Phillip
Eby is also on our list, so we won't duplicate efforts.

Cheers

Joachim