oodb philosophics ;) was: Re: [Zope-dev] Experiments withORMapping

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 11 May 2001 20:22:20 +0200

> As a matter of fact, we did a quick CMF demo that has the content of the
> zope list, zope-dev, and many of the other zope.org lists, and the
> comp.lang.python list for the past few years.  The catalog searches are
> very very fast, i can't recall if the demo was set up with some
> interesting canned CMF topics, but the things works well.

Sounds very promising ...

> The picture isn't altogether rosy - the process of loading the objects was
> arduous.

What exactly were the problems? I mean, uploading and indexing thousands of
documents IS a big deal. I'm sure that any other indexing system will take a
lot of time for this, too.

Joachim