oodb philosophics ;) was: Re: [Zope-dev] Experiments with ORMapping

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar palomar@sg.uji.es
Mon, 14 May 2001 17:04:00 +0200 (METDST)

> > P.S.: Shane, have you developed Symlinks any further? I think they could be
> > extremely useful. I tried out the initial release and liked it, except for
> > the fact that the symlinks looked EXACTLY like real ones, so they can be
> > very irritating ...
>
> I'm not sure what to do with symlinks.  How should security be applied?
> How are they most useful?
>
> It's neat to see it works, though. :-)
>
> Shane

Last year I needed symlinks and developed a version of your product
where the symlink had a different id than the real object. But the
general solution of a symlink where an arbitrary set of attributes
are from the symlink instance instead of from the real object was
too much difficult for me, so this year we've changed the dessign
of the application and don't need symlinks anymore.

jdavid