[Zope-dev] ZCatalog/TextIndex: searching for the exact phrase"word1 word2"

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:43:36 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 19 May 2001, Chris McDonough wrote:

> 8 words.  Not characters.  But actually I just looked at the source
> and it's not even that.  It's treated essentially as an AND query,
> because the UnTextIndex code doesn't store any proximity information
> between words. ( I knew this once, but I had forgotten.

I've done alot of practical testing with it now, and it seems that the
exact phrase query might be overrated.  So far, the already-available
query types have sufficed.  I'll let the client to even more testing, but
if they don't really need it, I can't justify spending time on
it.  Obviously :)

> Well, I know the above is a little hairy, but it's an outline.  The
> first thing to do is to write a fishbowl proposal explaining why it
> should be done and perhaps how it can be done...

As I said, if the client blahblablbalbah, then I'll try a fishbowl
proposal.  Thanks, anyway, though :-).