[Zope-dev] ZEO on SMP

Dyon Balding dyon@devcoder.com.au
Wed, 23 May 2001 11:35:08 -0700

Hi,

We are setting up a cluster of ZEO clients on dual processor machines.
>From some experiments and from searching through the mailing lists, it
appears that a single Zope process will not take full advantage of the
two processors.

The solution would appear to be to run two ZEO clients on each server.
This, however, is causing problems.

I can successfully run two Zope (non-ZEO) processes on a single machine,
but two ZEO clients don't seem to coexist nicely on the Windows 2000
machine.  The second client to start will accept connections, but never
responds with anything.

Zope: 2.3.2, ZEO: 1.0b3, Windows 2k for clients, Linux and Windows 2k
for storage server.

Is there a better solution?  If not, has anyone come across this
problem?

Any pointers appreciated
-d