[Zope-dev] getPersistentItemIDs not cooperating?

Phillip J. Eby pje@telecommunity.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 16:17:33 -0400

At 12:33 PM 5/23/01 -0500, Steve Spicklemire wrote:
>Hi Phil,
>
>FYI.. this doesn't work in a PythonScript since indexing into a BTreeItems
>is (apparently) not allowed by the "Security Machinery". So... a simple
>list is looking better and better! ;-)

Hmmm.  Good point.  I'll have to think about that one.  I just hate to load
all those keys if they're not really needed.  I suppose if you call
getPersistentItemIDs(), you usually want them all...  It's just that if you
use the BTreeItems object, it can toss out keys that aren't needed.

Maybe what I'll do is implement a wrapper over BTreeItems that fixes this
somehow.  I'll also have to look at how this works with the new "BTrees"
trees, because I *know* they don't implement indexing the same way, and may
not have this problem!