[Zope-dev] Wildcards in TextIndex query. Do they work?

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Thu, 24 May 2001 23:18:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> If the first works, then you are using a globbing vocabulary.  The
> second one should work, but maybe there is a bug.  Or perhaps your
> search criteria is so strict that you are getting no results.

Hm.  Something isn't right here.

This:

   eric

got me 70 hits.

This:

   eri?

got me 4 hits.

That's a bit strange, if you ask me :)

This:

   (erik) and (enge)

returned 1 hit

This:

   (erik) and (eng?)

gave me none.

The first one looked like this after the parsers had nibbled on it:

  [['erik'], 'and', ['enge']]

And the latter one:

  [['erik'], 'and', ['eng?']]

This:

  (erik ... enge)

turned in to:

  [['erik', '...', 'enge']]

and returned one (correct) result.  Although, I recall seeing something
like this:

earlier, which probably should never make sense.  Something is wrong here.

Where should I look next to figure out what's going on?

> > I can't see that the query-parsers in UnTextIndex.py transforms them
> > differently, but I might be missing something obvious.
>
> There's _nothing_ obvious in that particular chunk of code.

Good, then it's just not me.  Is the overall design philosophy for
ZCatalog/Catalog/SearchIndex documented anywhere?  (By the way, from
lib/python/SearchIndex/TextIndex.py, what is sws and cv3?)