[Zope-dev] Wildcards in TextIndex query. Do they work?

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Fri, 25 May 2001 10:39:49 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Michel Pelletier wrote:

> I don't think you are using a globbing vocabulary.

But globbing works for other queries.  In the same catalog.

> If you are not using a glob vocab, I suspect it stripped out the ? and
> is hitting on 'eri'.  Do you have that word anywhere?

I tried searching for:

   eri

and that gave me four results.  No globbing, then?

> Then again, where did you get these objects?  If you were looking at the
> wrong point in the code, the wildcards may not have been expanded yet.

Could be it...

> Where do you see this?

I can't reproduce it right now, I'll let you know if I see it again.

> Make sure you are using a globbing vocab.  Note that you can't change
> a catalog's vocabulary once the catalog is made, so you have to make a
> new catalog.

How can I change it for a new one?