Randomness (RE: [Zope-dev] CoreSessionTracking 0.8)

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Sat, 26 May 2001 14:21:44 +0200

> <dtml-let data="SESSION.getSessionData()">
>           manage="REQUEST.get('manage_content') or
> data.get('manage_content')">
>   <dtml-unless manage>
>     <dtml-call "data.set('manage_content','NO')">
>   </dtml-unless>
>   <dtml-in "data.keys()">
>    <dtml-let si=sequence-item>
>     <dtml-call "REQUEST.set(si, data[si])">
>    </dtml-let>
>   </dtml-in>
> </dtml-let>

This will work for the "manage_content", but I want to make the whole
request persistent. E.g., box states, search filters, and sequence-start
variables for batching are all made persistent ...

> I'm also confused why you're using YES and NO to represent a boolean
> instead of just checking that a key exists or is true.

Just consider it a bad habit ;-) -- I had some trouble working with booleans
some time ago, so I switched to this more explicit version.