[Zope-dev] SOAP again (or, xml-rpc client for MSIE)

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Wed, 30 May 2001 16:16:54 -0400

Hate to bring this up again.

1999 Press release from DC

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/12-02-1999/0001087563

> An early 2000 Zope
> release will include support for two protocols heavily supported by Microsoft,
> the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) and Web Distributed Authoring and
> Versioning (WebDAV) protocol

We have WebDav.. How's SOAP look?

I'm looking for a decent RPC mechanism for MSIE 5.5 to talk to Zope. MS has their
webService behavior that supports SOAP. But without SDL or WSDL in Zope it's gonna
take a lot of code to get working.

Otherwise, I could use an XML-RPC client for IE5.5, but I can't find one!

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements