[Zope-dev] CompressedStorage

Erik Enge erik@thingamy.net
Thu, 31 May 2001 22:01:27 +0200 (CEST)

On 31 May 2001, Ty Sarna wrote:

> Zope basically uses whatever object custom_zodb.Storage is as the
> storage.

Ahh...  I can feel the zen pouring over me :)

> What you want to do is create a FileStorage, and wrap it with a
> CompressedStorage and use that. Your custom_zodb.py would look like:

Great!  I'll try it...

> [*] this is simplified for ease of explanation... it doesn't really work
> this way.

Ahh...  I feel the zen flowing back from wherever it came...

;-)

> BTW, DC people... you should feel free to include CompressedStoage in
> Zope.

I'll second that.

> Also, I'm sure it would be appreciated if anyone (DC or not) took the
> time to write a HowTo on custom_zodb.py (hopefully more detailed and
> accurate than above)

Much appretiated.  I've been Zoping around for, hm, two years now and this
is the first I hear about custom_zodb.py - Max M was right, it's hard to
put all of Zope into ones head all at once :)