[Zope-dev] Re: struggeling with a sessionbased LoginMethod

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:27:17 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 8 Nov 2001, Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> +-------[ Joachim Schmitz ]----------------------
> | Hi,
> |
> | thanks for the tip, but it didn't solve the problem. But I found a
> | workaround after trying many different things, it's a hack but it wor=
ks :-)

> It's probably something in your header. An exception is being thrown by=
 an
> acquired object, which is a level above your acl_users folder, or durin=
> the display of the loginform.
>
> If your loginform includes your header, you need to make sure that View=
 perms
> are explicitly allowed for your header (and for anything else called by=
 your
> loginform).
>
> This is definitely a permissions based problem. You just have to work o=
ut
> which object it is that has the wrong permissions on it.

I thought so too, and I just removed any other references so there is jus=
t the
bare Form, without any other includes, still it does not use the loginFor=
m,
which it does, when I call content directly, so:

AppFolder/protectFolder/content works

AppFolder/protectFolder does not work

also the ZDebugger tells me, after canceling the password-box, that Anony=
mous does
not have access to "content"

Mit freundlichen Gr=FC=DFen

Joachim Schmitz

AixtraWare, Ing. B=FCro f=FCr Internetanwendungen
H=FCsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163