[Zope-dev] How to render DTML that is not stored in the ZODB?

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 10:01:02 -0500

On Monday 19 November 2001 09:31 am, Dario Lopez-Kästen allegedly wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I have a bunch of dtml in my Oracle DB, that I of course want to render.
>
> doing the <dtml-var expr="_.getitem('<column_name>', 1)"> does not work.
>
> I essence Zope does not render strings in variables to DTML.
>
> Any suggestions? (It has to be DTML)
>
> *MANY* Thanks In Advance.
>
> /dario

My suggestion would be to create a very thin wrapper class in Python for
DTMLFile and use the advanced tab of the ZSQLMethod to make each row into a
DTMLMethodish type thing.

See:

http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Guides/ZSQL-HTML/ZSQL.1.4.6.4.html

hth,
  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org