[Zope-dev] Wild and crazzzzy idea: Hierarchial permissions

Oliver Bleutgen myzope@gmx.net
Thu, 22 Nov 2001 16:25:55 +0100

Lennart Regebro wrote:

> From: "Oliver Bleutgen" <myzope@gmx.net>
>
>>Well, for your use you could just hardcode some permission "groups" and
>>include them in the dtml-file which resembles zopes security screen.
>>A little bit javascript and selecting one of your groups would
>>automagically be checked when you check one of your groups.

Ups, my last sentence here is astonishing hard to parse ;-).

> True, good idea. If the list gets too big (we are not there yet) we might do
> this.
> But it would be nice to have general support for it. Unless somebody scream
> I'll make a proposal.

But I see you understood anyway.

>>What I'm missig more is flexibility for the "Add object" mechanism.
>>

> Yeah, that would be nice too. It's not any problem for us, since only
> managers get to see many objects to add, but I wouldn't complain if the
> feature was there. :-)
>
>>To get back to the topic, perhaps your wishes and mine could be
>>combined: A permissions group for "edit text products" which would
>>automatically select the right permissions.
>>

> Hmmm... So you mean that the group is a permission too, that sets all of the
> permissions in the group?
> Thats not what I was thinking about at all, but it might be a good idea....

Not really a permission, it perhaps just could give the information on

how the security ZMI page would build these "one-click - multi-permissions"

checkboxes.

cheers,
oliver