[Zope-dev] Per restart volatile attributes in Zope?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:50:50 +0000

Morten W. Petersen wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm wondering if there's a volatile attribute type in Zope, where the
> attribute is deleted each time Zope restarts (or something similar).

There's attributes belonging to modules. They will be deleted when Zope
restarts. They won't participate in the Zope concurrency protection
scheme though -- see how RAM Cache Manager handles that, as it uses data
stored in module attributes.

You might also look at _v_ attributes of Persistent objects. These will
definitely be deleted when Zope restarts. They will almost certainly be
deleted at various points before that too.

--
Steve Alexander
Software Engineer