[Zope-dev] User folders, access rights, security, collector item 47

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 10:01:55 -0500

Sorry to post here.

I posted last week on the zope list about what appears to be a new/strange security
related problem in 2.4.3

I thought it was a problem in LdapUserFolder, but jens spent more time debugging than
I did and he feels it's somewhere in the Zope security machinery.

http://collector.zope.org/Zope/47

Is it security related when security doesn't do what you want (though nothing has been
exposed, rather, what we want exposed isn't)?

I'd try to tackle this myself, but I really have no idea where to start. I know everyone is
busy, but I was wondering if anyone else has been able to reproduce the condition so
that we can say for certain if its a bug, or a mis-configuration.

Thanks,

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements