[Zope-dev] (SHOUT) NOTIFICATION!!!!

Casey Duncan c.duncan@nlada.org
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 13:36:58 -0500

Since I get paid to do Zope and I feel extremely fortunate to be in that
position, I will say that there are different types of community involvement
that I divide my time across:

1) Activism (like this)
2) Help (Like on zope@zope.org or zopelabs or whatever)
3) Working on my own open source Zope products
4) Submitting/fixing bugs in the Zope core.

Now, I consider positive contributions either to the zope core or zope.org to
be in addition to the above. So that I would have 10 hours per week just to
spend on that is highly unlikely, but sometimes possible if other things
above don't take much time, or I don't prioritize them.

I could potentially drop #2 altogether (its sporatic anyway), but it makes me
feel good and I remember what it was like before I understood what was going
on (as if I do now).

That said I think maybe what we need are some "community liasons" that devote
the majority of their time for right now building an infrastructure for the
community and helping others contribute in some way.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I might be willing to do that.
However, I think my contributions in other ways would need to take a back
seat, so I'd need to think about it, or be convinced. 8^)

  Casey Duncan, Sr. Web Developer
  National Legal Aid and Defender Association
  c.duncan@nlada.org