[Zope-dev] 2.5 roadmap and schedule?

Brian Lloyd brian.lloyd@zope.com
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 17:51:33 -0400

> The current roadmap for Zope 2.5 sets an alpha release date for sometime
> in september, but is that still likely?
>
> Michael Bernstein.

Since today is Oct. 1, I would say... no :^)

The "roadmap" serves as a high-level way for me to relay
the basic plan for the next release to those in the community
who don't pay day-to-day attention to zope-dev or zope-coders.

It is also sometimes wrong, since I have to make a best-guess
at dates based on circumstances that sometimes change without
much notice. The dates are based on my best guesses at what
resources will be available when, and sometimes those get
pre-empted by things like customer engagements, etc.

Hopefully my guesses will be less wrong as the community gets
more actively involved. That will expand the resource pool
which should help - but this will be a learning process.

Brian Lloyd        brian@zope.com
Software Engineer  540.361.1716
Zope Corporation   http://www.zope.com