[Zope-dev] ZCatalog API

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Fri, 05 Oct 2001 20:41:49 +0100

E. Seifert wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> as I'm not very familiar with the internals of ZCatalog I have a question to
> all you API experts:
>
> Why does ZCatalog.py (under Zope 2.4.1) specify a 'addIndex' permission for
> a method called 'manage_delIndexes' although there is no such method? The
> only method I could find to delete Indexes is 'manage_deleteIndex'.
>
> Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks for pointing this out. There was some cruft in ZCatalog.py, which
has now has been cleaned up. The changes are in CVS, and will be in the
next release of Zope.

The method manage_deleteIndex is still there, but is deprecated, and
will issue a warning the first time it is called.

You can use manage_delIndex instead.

Both are protected by the addIndex permission.

--

Steve Alexander
Software Engineer