[Zope-dev] A modest proposal: Replace medusa with Twisted

Tim Hoffman timhoffman@cams.wa.gov.au
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 23:32:31 +0800

There is another approach however for getting Java and Zope together

A few weeks back I was mucking around with the Python Java Extension
(see Python 9 proceedings) and was able to interact with Java
classes/instances directly from Zope by calling ExternalMethods.  PJE
basically allows the Java vm to be loaded into the python interpreter.

Tim

 >I can speak about this one... The difficult part of getting Zope to w
 >ork on
 >Java, IMHO, is not the server. Without too terribly much work, I think
 >you
 >could get a servlet in front of Zope (once you've taken care of all of
 >the
 >other things).
 >
 >We've made some progress toward getting Zope running on Java
 >(http://www.phabric.org). The past few weeks, phabric has been on the
 >back
 >burner at Web Elite because of unrelated paying work.
 >
 >There are two main areas of work in getting Zope on top of Java: the C
 >modules and differences between C Python and Jython. We've made quite a
 > bit
 >of progress in both of those areas, but there's still more to be done
 >before
 >Zope will fire up and answer a request.
 >
 >Kevin

Tim Hoffman