[Zope-dev] not Python 2.2a1 but Python 2.2b1

Martijn Faassen faassen@vet.uu.nl
Sat, 20 Oct 2001 14:33:48 +0200

Hannu Krosing wrote:
> Andy McKay wrote:
> >
> > Is out and:
> >
> > "Large file support is now enabled on Win32 and Win64 platforms, and
> > automatically configured (at least on Linux and Solaris)."
> >
> > Cool, that will mean there will be less worries about Zope users hitting the
> > 2 gig limit.
>
> But will Zope 2.4.x run on 2.2 ?

No guarantees, but I do know the PythonLabs crew and the Zope development
crew try to keep things working with 2.2. That doesn't mean there won't
be problems, but I don't suspect it'll be as tricky as the move from
1.5.2 to 2.1. The main thing is that the Zope C extensions keep working, but
that seems to be watched fairly carefully.

So, perhaps yes, perhaps no, but don't expect a long period of Zope trying
to catch up with Python again.

Regards,

Martijn