[Zope-dev] ParsedXML in Zclass methods loses permissions on Zope restart

Brad Clements bkc@murkworks.com
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:27:58 -0500

I'm still casting around for a suggestion on where I can go to fix this.

I have a ParsedXML object in the methods list of a ZClass Product.

The "Access Contents Information" Permission Mapping always get's reset to "blank" in
the ParsedXML object when Zope restarts.

Is this a problem with ZClasses, or with ParsedXML?

I put this in the collector 3 or 4 months ago, and have asked a few times on different
lists.. Got no responses. I now must fix it, can't put it off any longer.

Any suggestions where to look in the source for where Permission mappings are
stored? Perhaps ZClasses stores the permission mappings, but ParsedXML overrides
the restored value somehow?

Zope 2.3.3 (binary release, python 1.5.2, linux2-x86)
(Using last released beta parsed XML)

Brad Clements,                bkc@murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements